Safe@Work Modules - Work Experience
Common hazards exist in many workplaces. It's important to learn about these so you can stay safe while at work. These Modules must be completed before you start your work experience in year 10. Once you have completed hte general module, please print out your certificate and hand it to the work experience co-ordinator (Ms Watt) in the pathways office.
- help you understand health and safety hazards and laws
- provide practical solutions to common health and safety problems
- Health and safety responsibilities
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- Manual handling
- Hazardous substances and dangerous goods
- Mechanical equipment
- Falls from height
- Personal safety
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Dealing with an emergency
- Health and safety laws
- Duties of employers
- Duties of employees
- Health and safety representatives and committees
- The role of WorkSafe inspectors
- Resolving health and safety issues
The link for the general assessemnt test is:
Guide to Writing your Letter or Email
This is a guide to help you write a letter to an employer. It could be Melbourne Victory, Victoria Police or JB-HIFI.
Use this as a guide to help you get started. Once you have completed the letter, bring it to MR. Ellul and he will give you feedback.
If you have any questions see Mr. Ellul in the pathways office.
A USI - Unique Student Identifier is a reference number that creates an online record of your training and qualifications attained in Australia.
If you are a completing a VET subject at school, you need a USI in order to receive your qualification or statement of attainment. Without this number you may not be able to enrol or receive your certificate
A USI is for life! You only have to create it once
Go to this website and follow the instructions; https://www.usi.gov.au/
You will need to provide identification to create a USI.
The following are acceptable forms of ID to create a USI. You will need at least one of the identity documents listed below:
- Australian Passport
- Non-Australian Passport (with Australian Visa)
- Australian Birth Certificate
- Australian Driver's Licence
- Medicare Card
- Certificate of Registration by Descent
- Centrelink Concession Cards
- Citizenship Certificate
Should take less than 5 minutes to complete
This is a great resume template to use when you are just starting work. It is important that you add accomplishments you have achieved at school and sports. This includes merit certificates, attendance awards, improvement awards and school sports team participation. Year 10's and above include subjects like VET and subjects you enjoy and why.
Career Profile Assessment Test
This is a fantastic website to see what jobs match your personality.
Year 10 Subject Selections
So you want a career in... (career videos)